Monday, January 23, 2012

Summer of '62

 "You are worried about seeing him 
spend his early years in doing nothing.  

What!  

Is it nothing to be happy?  
Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  
Never in his life will he be so busy again." 

~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 1762 ~  


A few days ago, my Aunt Elaine shared this photograph on Facebook.  It includes herself, 5 siblings, and her mother.  The youngest brother wasn't born until the Summer after...
 


Love all that blonde hair!  
My dad was 5 years old then... 
the same age his grandson is now. 
He's the little boy sitting off to the right.


Mom asked our family over for lunch yesterday afternoon.
As I was getting the kids ready, I had a last-minute idea to print this photo out for Dad.  I changed the photo to a sepia-tone and added a background texture. 

Here's the result, which prints out to 8"x10".
I'm not sure where this photo was taken, 
but I'm sure my aunts and uncles had a lot of fun there!

Wishing you a great day... 
maybe with a few fond 
childhood memories thrown in!

 Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a treasure! Your daddy was a cutie. Thank-you. The quote at the beginning is so very dear and true!

    Did your Dad like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet ~ this is the youngest I've ever seen Dad in any photo, besides his baby picture. The way I can tell it's my dad for sure are his ears :) I thought it was interesting that the quote was from 1762, and this photo was from 1962. True 200 years later! ... and I think Dad liked it, he seemed to anyway :)

      Delete
  2. Oh they must have loved to see your photo Megan, what a thoughtful thing to do! Love all that blonde hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine :) The only sibling to keep that blonde hair was my Aunt Elaine (the little girl sitting next to my grandma).

      Delete
  3. What a great keepsake. I bet you made your dad smile! thank you for visiting me and leaving such a lovely comment! Diann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible treasure! So sweet...wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa